Me & God's Book Club! You're invited!

Grab a good book, some hot cider & get cozy in a corner!
Hi guys! I hope your week went well! I've been praying for you all.
Ok. So I just couldn't wait to tell you that I'm reading the Mahaney books!
Originally, I was going to buy them as gifts. I had heard such wonderful reviews and they seem like the kind of book that even a feminist would enjoy. ...and learn from! But why would I gift a book I couldn't personally recommend?
So I picked it FEMININE APPEAL...
AND COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN!
I'm already about 1/2 way done! in one day. WOW! & I don't even like reading.

I haven't started the book for husbands. But I intend to. My husband is going to read that one first, and then we'll switch. I'm excited to see what he has to say about it.

I don't know about you guys, but my husband's unspoken motto has been
"if it's not broken, don't fix it!"
And when it comes to my walk with the LORD, one of my many motto's ...is
"The Lord will show me what is broken so that we can fix it!"

One is about contentment, and one is about striving for growth.
What about you ladies?
Are you more of the spiritual leader in your homes right now? Know that it is only temporary if you are following God's word that God has still commanded you to submit and show Christ's love to your husband through Biblical Wifehood. Is your hubby learning to seek the Lord first? Are you struggling with correcting him and holding your tongue except to encourage him? Can I recommend two wonderful resources to you, as we go through this journey together? These have helped me immensely.

And amazingly, they've changed our marriage. We'll always be growing, but I can't begin to tell you how things have changed in my husband's heart---since my heart has changed. It set the tone for the household...and his heart was directed to God. Continually encouraging!
So here they are:

#1. "The Excellent Wife" by Martha Pierce...I posted a blog with some notes. Simply scripture. be encouraged and enlightened. It was empowering to read of how God has equipped us, as wives and exactly what the scripture says to do in situations like these. Great application practices too! I highly recommend it! Here's the link for my blog posted notes on this book!

Her name is Courtney. She is a mother, a wife...but most of all...a daughter of the King. What a blessing she's been in my life, and many others' lives as well. Just click the link above and you'll see what I mean. :) Biblical wifehood...*sigh!* It does exist!!!

Be blessed!
~Britt,
The DIY wifey

linked with:


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I will have to keep those books in mind. I'm a big fan of Joshua Harris, so I can only imagine I would get a lot from his pastors.

I think many women (including myself) have so much trouble not being the leader, as our society has conditioned us to be leaders and independent from authority. We need more godly women to encourage and teach other women to follow the Biblical outline for womanhood. :)