Christmas Decor & Preparations!

Merry Christmas Everyone!
This weekend my husband and I decorated for Christmas!
The joys of crock-pot cinnamon apple cider, stockings over a warm fire place,
a real christmas tree filling the home with it's pine (needles) & aroma.
I just LOVE remembering Christ in this way!
The magic of Christ in Christmas has begun in our home!
New King's James Version states in Luke 2:15-20,

"So it was, when the angels had gone away from them into heaven, that the shepherds said to one another, 'Let us now go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has come to pass, which the Lord has made known to us.' 16 And they came with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the Babe lying in a manger. 17 Now when they had seen Him, they made widely known the saying which was told them concerning this Child. 18 And all those who heard it marveled at those things which were told them by the shepherds. 19 But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart. 20 Then the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told them."

Here is how I will glorify Christ...as we decorate the house!

1. I'm serving my husband with love and respect.
Yes, the Holidays can be stressful. The crowds. The traffic. The rush. The guests. The parties.
But Holidays are a wonderful OPPORTUNITY to work on serving others! I am such a beginner at being a wife, with a servant's heart! But looking at potentially stressful situations as "opportunities" rather than "tests" has sure helped me to love my husband through it all...and he's told me how much fun it's been for him too! :)
2. I'm making sure the only clutter in my home is one of people.
In a world telling everyone to buy everything and anything that sings a CHRISTMAS song...I've had to remind myself that I just want our home filled with people to love on, not things to crown ourselves with. That being said, I'm also trying to wear an attitude of grace, that welcomes people in our home.
3. Doing devotionals! (continue doing devotionals!)
It's easy to say..."I'm busy...that can wait"...but it can't! Keep your eyes focused on GOD! He is our first love ladies!!!!! :) He is jealous for you!




These are our friends on the Right, Kevin and Lindsey(and her baby in her belly! 12 weeks)! Then there's Mason and I on the Left!

(Excuse the mess!)

(Pearls are my favorite if you haven't noticed!)

(Michael's one dollar wooden snowflakes, spray painted white, then spray painted over with transparent glitter! awesome & cheap ordainments!)

The Love of my life's creation--Mason...my other love :)

Diligently hanging lights! We underestimated how many light strands we needed...and collectively we had to go back to Home Depot 3 times! :) haha

We made it home! Tree and all! :) ...we live about 2 blocks away from Home Depot...haha

We decided this was the best way to drive home with the tree!

My hardworking husband!

Our third Christmas married! And, only our first with a real tree!

The nice man let me take a picture!


This one's dainty!...but too small :(


Mason...posing for the camera! :)

linked with:
Making your home sing Mondays

Funky Junk Interiors

Be blessed!
~Britt
The DIY wifey

4 comments:

007 said...

You go girl! I love the decorations! So pretty!

Stephanie said...

I love your goal of the "only clutter you have is that of people", that is beautiful :)

momstheword said...

Thank you for sharing that Bible verse. I love how verse 16 says "they came with haste....." They didn't stick around and waste time, they hurried to see baby Jesus! How exciting that must have been.

Thanks for sharing the fun pictures and I love the tree. Our tree and decorations are up as well, but I still have some clutter to put away, lol!

Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday.

Joy Burkhart said...

Hi! I'm your newest follower, love your attitude! Wish I could say the only clutter I have is people! Your tree and decorations are lovely, too. Very frugal.

Thanks for linking up with me on a different post.

http://christmasspiritallyearlong.blogspot.com/

XoXoXo
Joy