Learning & Re-learning Wifehood: Cooking!

First, I'll admit that I am not perfect. who is?
I have been learning a lot lately though!
I hope this encourages you!
This week I've been getting back into...
Cooking for my husband.
I've found some great recipes!..And quite frankly, I've fallen off the horse on this matter! But by God's grace~ God has made Mason, my "Dedicated Hubby"~patient with me!
In this last week I've been getting organized:
by shopping for RECIPES (not while hungry)
and prepping the kitchen in the morning for dinner!
And man, I forgot how much I love serving my husband in this way...The sigh of relief on his face when he comes home might as well be a gold ribbon or a happy face sticker. The Bible says that women are made as help mates...we are DESIGNED to be our husband's encourager,
and in our family that equivocates to FOOD :)
I have to say, this is QUICKLY becoming my favorite part of wifehood.
[That includes making lunches for him.]
um um ....good!
There's only a few things more romantic than a napkin-love-note!

Here is my favorite recipes from this week:
#1. William Sonoma's Weeknight Cook Cookbook
"Farfalle with Salsa Cruda"
(IMAGE thanks to Mediterraneanbook.com---more good recipes!)
This one was easy, and oh! so yummy!! I don't think I can give away the recipe online, but man, just go buy the cookbook. i have at least a dozen cookbooks and I use this on the second most! (Because I make deserts a lot, a pastry book is my #1 cookbook but-of-course!)


#2. William Sonoma's Weeknight Cook Cookbook
"Braised Pork Chops with Cherry Sauce"
Again, recipes... online, I don't think I can share it. But I will say buy the book (which I am not endorsed to say at all) and you should make this recipe. Takes about 30 minutes, and its well worth following the directions word for word, it is AH-Mazing!

I'm linked with:
Making your home sing Mondays

Be Blessed!
~Britt
The DIY Wifey

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so cute britt. I love looking at your website and see what you are up to.

ComeHaveaPeace said...

You go girl! I think food is a wonderful way to say "I love you, and I'm taking care of you" to our husbands. :) I made gingerbread to "speak to" my hubby tonight. Posting the recipe tomorrow.

So glad to meet you on your blog! Thanks for linking to Marriage Mondays :)

Blessings,
Julie

Stephanie said...

That is so wonderful that you are cooking for your husband. A great way to say "I love you" :)

Mindy said...

After being raised by a working mom who didn't have a lot of time to cook, my husband told me after we married, "NO CASSEROLES!" We have focused on a lot of fresh salads, whole grain breads, vegetables as a side dish, good cuts of meat and a lot of soups (with more meat than veggies.) After 25 years of marriage, I am still looking for new recipes to please my husband.

I have learned one tip. My husband never wants to hurt my feelings after I've worked on a meal. When I ask him if he likes it, I always follow up with, "Should I make it again?"

I love your enthusiasm for serving your husband. It's a good refresher course for some of us long-termers. :)

Joyfull said...

When I was growing up, my mother never cooked (and when she did it was only about three different meals), so upon entering marriage, cooking was a bit foreign to me! You are right that it is such an important part of being a wife and brings much joy and satisfaction to our husbands. If I can learn, anyone can learn to be a great cook! Your willing attitude must be such a blessing for your home.

momstheword said...

I pretty much had to learn to cook after I was married, and man was I intimidated!

Fortunately my hubby loves leftovers, loves casseroles, and pretty much loves just about anything. He especially loves lentils and brown rice tacos (a new recipe that I discovered).

I have a recipe for potato soup on my blog (look under the "recipe" label) if you want something that is pretty easy and tastes really yummy!

I figure if I can make it, anybody can make it, lol! I agree that my hubby seems to enjoy the smell of cooking as he comes through the door (although sometimes it's raid the freezer night, lol!).

Thanks for sharing this cookbook, I'll have to look into it, and thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

james said...

hi thank you for your article

i like this diet and i have already tried it whene i adopt mediterranean diet menu plan
what do you think about it

thank you

james