So, instead of using the chair I redid a long while ago in the nursery, I decided to reupholster a new chair. I just picked this chair up --a craigslist find--for only...
There wasn't any damage to it...but it did smell a bit like cats.
I like this chair for these reasons:
1. The shape is modern
2. The feet are not dinged-up
3. THERE IS NO SEWING REQUIRED!!!!!! YIPEE!!!
4. This is a ONE hour job. easy peasy!
The Breakdown of Costs:
1. The Craigslist find chair $25.00 + a 30 min drive
2. The fabric $23/yard on sale for $11.00/yard plus 20% off (I got 4 and 1/2 yards) of the print and the back canvas is a remnant of 4 yards for $10.00 total!
TOTAL with tax = $80.00 project
The DIY Wifey,