3 years, and too much $ later...

My kitchen counters have been gross since before we moved into this foreclosed home.
The tile is great, 
the island is huge!,
but...the....
GROUT.
is.
so.
dirty.
I never could have anticipated my home ownership high being a clean grout color, no stains...
but, here we are. :)
My dreams have come true!
[I might be "nesting" for this wee little boy I have in the oven!!!]

What I've tried (and it's failed me):
1. Oxy-clean
2. Bleach
3. All-purpose cleaner
4. Magic Eraser 
5. hiding it with stuff. (place mats, center pieces, coffee makers and mixers.)

What ended up working ---and took 1/2 the time:
1. Grout stain (paint-like consistency)  $9.30!!!!

Here are the results!

Before:

 After:


 After: (I forgot to take a before photo of this area! woops!)


 Before:

After:

After much dismay, and frustration over feeling like my countertops will never look clean...
Here we have it! 

I hope this encourages you all to try something new ...even after many failed attempts!  

Be Blessed! 
The DIY Wifey,

 

4 comments:

MommaMindy said...

It looks so amazing! I think I'd have a high, too, with those results. Wondering if this would work on my nasty shower grout? Hmmm.....maybe I'll get my own high, after all!

Mrs. Brittany said...

YAY! thanks! I don't know much... but I think maybe shower grout is different...but it's worth asking a tile speciality company what they recommend! I personally bleach our shower grout about once a month, because it gets discolored. Good luck! and post pictures if you do it!

montanna said...

Not entirely do you receive your selection of countless materials, including metals, acrylics, and eventide stones, simply you can also select the type of climb that you would similar for your sinks.

momstheword said...

Oh wow, I really need to look into this, because I could use something like that!

I'd love to redo our kitchen but can't afford it right now (sigh, lol!) but even a simple change like this would reap big rewards. Your counters look awesome!

Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!