Its been a busy week!



Truthfully, I don't even know where to start!

There's a few projects I've done over my Holiday Break:

1. a pair of lamps, inspired by {Show & Tell}

2. Work-in-progress: Antique Rocking Chair (sand, stain, reupholster) inspired by the movie Father of the bride II's nursery!

3. The 5 minute Burlap pillow

4. Master Bathroom Decor (candle chandelier, jewelry frame--this I did a while ago)

5. Reupholstering a Reclining Wingback Chair

6. Ear warmers inspired by Delia Creates...LOVE her!

...got to give me some grace here, I know I'm somewhat unorganized in my projects, but when inspiration hits, that's when I play! :)

~~~~~~
Project #1:
a pair of lamps inspired by {Show & Tell}
here's the lamps before and after.






I feel in love with Sasha's lamp over at her blog, Show & Tell! I love how cute and clean it looks! And, you know I just love a fast project! :) So, I bought cotton at an AMAZING fabric store in Roseville, California, where my mother-in-law brought me last week. ahhh-mazing. :)




below: this is my mother in law, Joni! :)


Fabric was $2/yard :D <----BIG smile! I got 3 yards
Lamps at a thrift store: $6.00 per lamp
Total cost for the project: $18.00
yup.today.i'm.a.winner. :)
~~~~~~
Project #2:
my Work in progress Rocking Chair
I refuse to give you all the details and the tutorial until its all done. And it's been so much work, it deserves it's own post!!! But here's the before picture and where I am as of this afternoon....Today was all about staining it and ruining my nice hands---making them look like carpenter's stained & rouged hands. nice. that's just nice. I look like a he-she. at least my hands do. :( but, it is worth it! Take a looksie...
BEFORE:


...sanded
...stained!

...all wired up! lol
so this is where I am as of today...all I need to do is wait for the staining to dry, possibly add another coat but other than that, I just put on the cushy stuff then the top layer material & Trim...almost done!

Rocking chair: $Free--
(I got it on freecycle.com...look up your area and get daily e-mails of offers/wanted ads and it is 100% free)
Coil Springs: using the ones that were there $Free
Burlap: $5.00/yard, I got 2 yards
Padding, aka "the allergy maker": $5.00 for a bundle
Upholstery fabric: elegant ivory print...$2.00/yard. yup. no joke. I got 3 yards.
tack nails: $1.79 per pack, 3 packs. (ps. I got way to much)
Wood stain: $7.49 for a quart at LOWES.
Sander/Sandpaper: on hand :)
tack-taker-outer: Best $3.00 ever spent.
Total cost for the project: $36.86
Hours spent (SO FAR): 15-20.
The pride that will come when I rock my baby in this chair after all our {sucky} infertility treatments (...a baby we haven't even conceived yet): priceless, I'm sure.

~~~~~~
Project #3:
The 5 minute Burlap Pillow
I'm kind of embarrassed to even post this...understatement: it was easy.
I used left over burlap from the rocking chair, and I used the lovely antique material that was on the rocking chair, as one side of the pillow. I just love it. Don't know where it will go, but for now...here is fine :)





~~~~~~
Project #4:
Master bathroom Decor
Ok, I know the bathroom is no where near done, but I hung a chandelier, clap for me. :)
ps. when I say "I" ..this time I mean, "my husband"!!! Mason is so wonderful! I stood and pointed, as he kinked his neck hanging it over the bathtub... :) True romance!

Chandelier: $12.99 at TJ MAX
4 Candles: 7.99 at ROSS (I found cheaper ones but I had to buy matching ones so they weighted the same--you'll see why...)
Total Cost for this project:$20.98




And here is a jewelry frame I made. If you can't figure out how to make it, comment below and I'll post a tutorial. :)




Wood: $Free...dug it up from my backyard. yummy dirt! :)
nails: on hand--$Free
fabric--scraps on hand $Free
chicken coop wire: $Free--reused it from what I made a dog gate out of.
Total cost of the project: $Free. :) loveeee that.
~~~~~~
Project #5:
Reupholstering a Reclining Wing-back Chair
Again, this project deserves it's own post. but here is a sneak peak... :) I have no real good place to put it right now, but this will do for now :)


...under the slip cover was a worn out floral print faded/cat scratched dark blue.




Chair: $Free, on Freecycle.com, again! :)
Fabric: $70.00 total (with a bunch of coupons...I know. RIDICULOUS)...I hadn't found the above store--that I did with my mother in law for the rocking chair.
Wood tack sticks: $6.00 at JoAnne's Craft store. (for 3 sticks that were 2 and 1/2 feet long)
hot glue gun/glue sticks: on hand.
batting: $10.00
Cord for pipping: $5.00 ( I hand-made the pipping)
hours: near 50... this was my first chair. I kept messing up and re-doing things. next time it won't take this long. I'm just glad its DONE.
Total cost of this project: $91.00 bucker-oo's. eh. {deep breath} too much.

~~~~~~
Project #6:
Ear warmers! (and one neck warmer for dad!)
If it weren't for my sewing machine that I'm still learning how to use--this probably would have been a 15 minute project... but. it. wasn't. :) haaha. ohhh well! It was a great time I had with my little sister, Megan!



...and a neck warmer for dad, the skier of the family :)..he absolutely cracked up at this gift I made him! haha Dads are too hard to shop for!..so I made something for him. fool proof. :)

...I made one for all the ladies in my family :)
~~~~~~
I hope you all have a very blessed week as you continue making your house a home, making your heart overflow with joy and your family feel loved. I pray you use your gifts to bless others and spread warmth. :)
Be blessed!
~ Brittany,
The DIY wifey

Linking with:
The DIY Show Off

BWS tips button

My Craftie Life

Fresh Poppy Design


Photobucket


Making your home sing Mondays

Photobucket
NightOwlCrafting

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

… Unbelievable , but I just found software which can do all hard work promoting your lifeyasadiywifey.blogspot.com website on complete autopilot - building backlinks and getting your website on top of Google and other search engines 1st pages, so your site finally can get laser targeted qualified traffic, and so you can get lot more visitors for your website.

YEP, that’s right, there’s this little known website which shows you how to get to the top 10 of Google and other search engines guaranteed.

I used it and in just 7 days… got floods of traffic to my site...

…Well check out the incredible results for yourself -
http://magic-traffic-software.com

I’m not trying to be rude here, but I believe when you find something that finally works you should share it…

…so that’s what I’m doing today, sharing it with you:

http://magic-traffic-software.com

Take care - your friend Jennifer