PREGNANT after infertility & PRAISING GOD!


Praise God!!!! 
We're thrilled!!!
I'm still in shock, in amazement that God's finally chosen us to become parents!
We feel so blessed that out of the many women who struggle to conceive with my condition (PCOS), it is estimated that about half of them will ever conceive a child, with the help of medicine. On top of that, our doctors had given us an estimated 3 to 6 months to EVER get pregnant as of this past January because my ovaries were quickly loosing functionality, shown in monthly ultrasounds. No pressure. We were lucky enough to be able to get pregnant with the help of medicated and monitored cycles and the prayerful actions of our doctor the very month that he informed us that he no longer could treat us.  He said that he was referring us to the IVF clinic (Northern California IVF in Roseville) and that I was Clomid-resistant, and I'd need IVF. I hadn't ovulated in years, and we were loosing time. Mason and I had already decided to not pursue IVF because we had already mentally prepared ourselves for the desire to adopt! About a week after the appointment with the doctor, I started my last round of the medication, at a tripled dose from the first round I had taken in January. So for me that meant Hot flashes about 5 times an hour, getting sick, and too many blood tests to feel like anything but a lab rat. Meanwhile, Mason and I started making appointments to meet with adoption agencies in our area, as well as scheduling an informational meeting regarding Foster care with the County. We were looking into foster-adoptions, embryo-adoptions, as well as domestic adoptions. About two weeks later, as a surprise to everyone, I ovulated. {what now? I was excited about adoption?! } This changed everything! There was no way of knowing whether the follicle was viable or if I had hyper-stimulated my ovaries and ovulated multiple times (aka: this is how things like "kate plus 8" happen). We just prayed and knew that we were in God's hands and God was in control. I started testing for pregnancy six days later :) 9 Days past ovulation, Mother's Day, I saw our first positive pregnancy test! What amazing timing God!!! I couldn't have asked for anything more! And then on 11 Days past ovulation, our first digital pregnancy test came up positive! Blood tests confirmed...and the rest is history! :)


It may sound like a cliché story but it's not. It's a miracle. But, we should have expected a miracle all along because God isn't a God of calculated statistics and odds, He is a God of power and fulfilled promises in the making. 
After almost 3 years of infertility and treatments,  9 no 6 and 1/2 months seems like an awfully short time to wait! :) 

Mason and I want to thank you for your prayers, your support (continued support), and all the love we've received from people in our church, our friends, and even from online infertility communities...you all have made your stories public inspiration for the rest of us ...stories of faith, love and heart ache through your journeys to parenthood. You are all so inspiring. 
 And if there is anything we hope to do with our story-
 it is to share it and to inspire others to trust God's faithfulness and to lean on the community of believers that have gone before them in infertility. 

So... onto some light-hearted questions you may have:
Baby size: A lime
How I feel about being pregnant: Grateful to be here, looking forward to enjoying our pregnancy...anytime now....I've been too sick to really do much at all.
Symptoms: I may be turning the corner...maybe..!!! I've lost 10 pounds in a 2 week period from the constant vomiting...but I haven't thrown up in a few days...and I'm almost done with my first trimester....things are looking up!
Food Cravings: You guessed it... fruit! At this rate, I have no choice but to shop at walmart.
What I'm most excited about: The fact that it's not a secret anymore! :) We get to share in excitement with all our loved ones!
Something sweet your daddy did for me: Mason has done almost all of the housework as I've been sick in bed. He has NO idea how helpful and sensitive he is to my needs. He is the best servant-leader any wife could ask for. He is a special man.
Something I've done to prepare for baby: I know this is boring...but I've rested. :) and it's bliss...for the baby, I mean. :)
Special moment: On Father's day, Mason spoke to the baby for the first time...I tried not to listen...giving them their special space. :) Mason said there was no point in talking to the baby before then, because the ear's hadn't developed. I just laughed. :) but of course!


Be Blessed! 
The DIY Wifey,
 

10 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats to you and your husband. what great news!!!

Cecillia♥ said...

Congratulations on your little miracle!!! God is so good when you trust in Him and I'm really looking forward to reading about your pregnancy journey! :)

Mindy said...

Praising the Lord for this good news! This is the best DIY project yet, although it wasn't quite DIY, you had some amazing heavenly intervention. I will continue to pray for health for Mom and baby. Looking forward to updates...
love and prayers from Momma Mindy

Always Learning said...

So excited to follow your journey! What a precious gift from God!

Brooke Bowen said...

I am laying in bed cuddling with Christian who is already 6 months! In no time you will be doing the same! I am so excited for you and I can't wait to hear everything!

laughwithusblog said...

I am so, so happy for you! Congratulations!

momstheword said...

Oh I am so happy and excited for you! I, too, remember the long years of infertility and the excitement and joy at FINALLY conceiving!

Soon you will hold your precious baby in your arms! Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday.

Nicole Adams said...

Oh Brittany, I am soooo excited for you! It's definitely a miracle. I still can't believe next time I see you, you're gonna be a mommy. omg, I miss you. God bless you during this time and rest tons. ily

erica said...

Your post made me cry. It took us 4yrs 7 months to conceive our son and my God he is the most AMAZING and PERFECT thing to ever happen to me. God does perform miracles. I am SOOOO happy to hear another fertility story with a BFP. many blessings!!!

Anonymous said...

I just balled. My husband and I have been TTC (me PCOS, him perfect) and have tried numerous rounds of fertility drugs and even IUI. We have decided to hold off on IVF, in hopes of a miracle of our own. I am so glad I stumbled upon your post! Congrats to you and your family to be! God truly does perform miracles! I am ever determined to not lose faith as I pray each day for a miracle or our own!